In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Participants will be able to recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- Participants will be able to list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
It is highly recommended that participants review TalkTools Cancellation Policy.
This workshop will occur live, in-person. It is required to attend to receive credit. Therefore, this offering will not be recorded.
Practicum is included in registration costs and will be provided to you by the host the day of the event.
- Registration Only Includes: 1.2 CEUs (ASHA approved), practicum, digital workbook & certificate of completion.
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book shipped with practicum)