In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
The participants will be able to:
- identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC is a speech and language pathologist with more than 35 years of professional experience. . . more
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). AOTA CEUs: 1.2 (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
- $325 Early Bird Rate - until 08/5/19
- $385 Standard Rate - 08/6/19 to 09/19/19
- $415 Late Registration - 09/20/19 to day of
- Registration Only Includes: 1.2 CEUs (ASHA/AOTA approved), course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion.
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book received at course)