Course DescriptionLearn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson’s hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “A Three Part Treatment Plan to Oral Placement Therapy.” This class will lead you, step-by-step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits. Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
- Participants will be able to Identify oral placement, sensory, feeding and/or speech deficits in a variety of clients and diagnoses
- Participants will be able to Assess oral placement functioning of the jaw, lips, and tongue
- Participants will be able to Design a step-by-step program plan based on the client’s oral-motor feeding and speech evaluation results
- Participants will be able to Apply oral placement strategies, when appropriate, with infant, preschool, and school-aged children as a part of comprehensive speech and language therapy intervention
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This workshop will occur live virtually via Zoom. It is required to attend live to receive credit. Therefore, this offering will not be recorded.
*Practicum is included with your registration, but must be added to your cart if you wish to receive it, and will be shipped to the address provided at checkout.
- FOR U.S. ORDERS: Shipping rates are included. Registrations must be placed by September 23, 2021. After this date we can not guarantee practicum will be shipped and arrive before the course date.
- FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Shipping rates are not included and we can not guarantee practicum will be shipped and arrive before the course date.