TalkTools instructor, Vanessa Anderson Smith, will be equipping learners with the tools for laying a positive foundation for feeding -- as early as possible! Vanessa will be looking at common dietary challenges for picky eaters, the latest best practices in this area, as well as demonstrating successful methods in her therapy practice for understanding, evaluating, and treating "picking eaters".
- Participants will be able to conduct a baseline food aversion assessment.
- Participants will be able to define potential underlying physiological and neurological causes of more extreme food disorders (ARFID - avoidant restrictive good intake disorder).
- Participants will be able to implement appropriate intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to apply family-friendly, "dinner table" goals for mealtime success.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (01:00PM - 03:00PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes: Welcome
- 20 Minutes: Assessing your "picky eater" clients
- 30 Minutes: Is this a picky eater - or is something more going on?
- 30 Minutes: Intervention strategies for extreme food avoidance/restriction
- 30 Minutes: Implementing a "Positive Eating" game plan for the whole family
- 10 Minutes: Q and A