WEBINAR | Making “Sense” of the 8 Senses [January 22 2021 ] [9AM-11AM EASTERN]90448
Date: Friday January 22, 2021
Location: Webinar (09:00AM-11:00AM Eastern Time)
Presenter: Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP
Eating, drinking and speaking are all intertwined with the sensory system, many times without us even thinking about it. TalkTools Instructor, Monica Purdy, will be imparting her expertise and passion about the importance of understanding all 8 senses of the sensory system -- with a focus on the hidden senses (proprioception, vestibular, interoception), as well as when sensory processing is disordered. She will demonstrate strategies she uses daily in her therapy practicing for incorporating oral-motor-sensory techniques.
The participant will be able to:
- Identify the 8 senses of the sensory system
- Describe the hidden senses and impacts on sensory processing
- Typical sensory processing vs. atypical sensory processing
- Apply 3 oral-motor-sensory techniques
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (09:00AM - 11:00AM Eastern)
- 20 minutes – Sensory System
- 20 minutes – The Hidden Senses
- 35 minutes – Sensory Processing Disorders
- 35 minutes – Oral-Sensory-Motor Techniques and Demos
- 10 minutes -- Wrap-up/Q&A
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet