WEBINAR | Strategies for Your Post-Pandemic Practice: Will it be Virtual? In-Person? Hybrid? [SEP 9 2021] [4PM-6PM EDT]1WEB
Date: September 9, 2021
Location: Webinar (4PM-6PM Eastern US Time)
Presenter: April Anderson, MA,CCC-SLP,CLC
When the world shifted in 2020, therapists learned how to adapt to the times and deliver therapy mostly (if not all) virtual. Now that things are returning to its post-pandemic state, how will your practice adapt? We gained unprecedented insight into families’ routines, habits, and ability to carry over strategies outside of the clinic or away from the therapist. This course will discuss the different types of therapy models and how to align those models with specific families when targeting feeding and speech goals. It will also give participants information on why a hybrid structure of service delivery may be the most beneficial to families and how to incorporate
technology into your standard sessions.
- The learner will be able to define and recognize various types of therapy models.
- The learner will be able to identify benefits of teletherapy, in person therapy, and a hybrid.
- The learner will be able to implement technology into therapy sessions.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (04:00PM - 06:00PM Eastern US Time)
- 05 minutes Introduction and Disclosures
- 20 minutes Types of therapy models
- 15 minutes Things learned during pandemic therapy
- 15 minutes Benefits of teletherapy
- 15 minutes Benefits of in person teletherapy
- 20 minutes How to incorporate a hybrid approach to therapy
- 20 minutes Incorporating technology into therapy
- 10 minutes Conclusion and Questions
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet