TalkTools Instructor, Heather Vukelich, will be looking at the role lips play in speech and feeding, as well as possible underlying causes of lip mobility issues. Heather will be providing examples of typical and atypical lip etiologies and share targeted tips and exercises to develop appropriate lip control and regulation -- leading to improved speech clarity and feeding skills for your clients!
- Participants will be able to identify 4 issues associated with basic lip movements.
- Participants will be able to apply 3 techniques to increase lip mobility.
- Participants will be able to apply 2 techniques for saliva control .
This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (11:00AM - 12:00PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes - Welcome
- 20 Minutes - Lip Movements
- Underlying Causes
- 20 Minutes - Lip Activities
- Articulation Goals
- Saliva Control
- 10 Minutes - Wrap Up/Q&A