2020 is a year like no other – our daily lives have been disrupted, included how we work. Many therapists have made the transition to teletherapy and their “new” practices are thriving. Because we continue to be in an ever-evolving world, therapists and families are looking for answers regarding best practices and strategies for tele-sessions. TalkTools Instructors, Heather Vukelich and Vanessa Anderson-Smith, have successfully pivoted to teletherapy – with Heather expanding her client base across her home state, California, and Vanessa opening a second location!
Vanessa and Heather will discuss their top strategies for establishing teletherapy, including technology considerations, privacy issues, then delving into specific techniques for virtual FT (feeding therapy), OMT (orofacial myofunctional therapy) and OPT (oral placement therapy). Participants are encouraged to bring their own teletherapy stories to share with the “class.”
- Participants will be able to create a basic framework for teletherapy.
- Participants will be able to develop a screening for establishing teletherapy with clients.
- Participants will be able to conduct a virtual assessment for: feeding, orofacial myofunctional and oral placement therapy.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 1.5 self-study contact hours or 0.15 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (02:00PM - 03:30PM Eastern)
- 15 minutes Welcome and Class Conversation
- 15 minutes Teletherapy 101
- 15 minutes Virtual Feeding Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Virtual Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Virtual Oral Placement Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Wrap-up/Q&A
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet