WEBINAR | Your Pediatric Myo Team: Creation and Collaboration [August 6 2021] [12-2PM EDT]90484
Date: August 6, 2021
Location: Webinar (ZOOM) (12:00PM-02:00PM EST)
Presenter: Ana Curtin, MS, CCC-SLP, PC
Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders are complex and involve many body systems. As myofunctional therapists, we often serve as a client’s case manager across disciplines, therefore, we must understand the roles of different providers and help caregivers/patients maximize their referral visits. We must identify, prioritize and coordinate treatment while staying within our scope of practice in order to create the best outcomes. This course will explore how to identify potential medical partners, initiate professional connections, strategize getting our concerns addressed and show methods for maintaining collaboration on shared cases. The timing of interventions and collaboration with shared cases will be discussed. A basic understanding of OMDs is helpful to get the most from this course.
- Participants will be able to list 3 providers that are likely to be on an OMD team.
- Participants will be able to describe 3 methods of information sharing between providers.
- Participants will be able to identify the basic elements of initial visits with varied providers.
- Participants will be able to list various types of body workers and modalities that may be helpful.
- Participants will be able to explain why myofunctional therapists are well suited to be case managers.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (12:00PM - 02:00PM Eastern)
- 15 minutes Introduction / Overview
- 30 minutes Reasons for referrals/need for teamwork
- 40 minutes Professionals Associated with Treatment
- 20 minutes Collaboration
- 15 minutes Wrap up/Q&A
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet