Participants will learn how to integrate Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) techniques from "A Three-Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy", sensory-motor feeding techniques from "Feeding Therapy: A Sensory Motor Approach" and assessment and program plan development from "Oral Placement Therapy: Assessment and Program Plan Development." A variety of clients with muscle-based communication and/or feeding disorder will be available for observation and hands-on practice under the supervision of a TalkTools instructor. This class will lead you step-by-step through the assessment process and the generation of a program plan to be used in treatment. Class is limited in size ensuring therapists will receive support in a nurturing environment as they perfect their skills.
- Participants will be able to implement techniques appropriate for clients with muscle-based speech and feeding deficits.
- Participants will be able to develop an individualized program plan including sensory, feeding, Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) and speech techniques.
- Participants will be able to understand how Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) activities are used to improve speech clarity and feeding skill development.
- Participants will be able to explain deficits identified in the foundational movements for speech to parents and caregivers.
- Participants will be able to understand when the techniques learned can be integrated with more traditional speech approaches when a muscle-based deficit is identified.
This program is offered for 2.8 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 2.8 AOTA CEUs • 28 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
1208 N Walnut Ave, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Level 3 Application must be approved first. Please contact continuing education for more details at email@example.com.