All three Jigglers are effective for increasing sensory awareness in the muscles of the jaw and lips, reduce "fixing" or tightening in the muscles of the jaw, and/or satisfying the need for Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) stimulation. In addition, each individual TalkTools® Jiggler™ can be used to meet more specific needs:
Unicorn Therapeutic Goals:
- GOAL #1: To increase sensory awareness
- GOAL #2: To reduce "fixing" before Muscle-Based Exercises, Feeding and Speech. This will satisfy the need for TMJ stimulation
- GOAL #3:
- To stimulate lip rounding or as an exercise in itself Speech - /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/
- Feeding - Straw Drinking
- OPT - Bubble Blowing and Round Mouth Horns
- GOAL #4:
- To increase sensory awareness in the muscles of the jaw and lips to stimulate lip closure prior to the introduction of Muscle-Based Exercises.
- Speech - /m/ /b/ /p/
- Feeding - Spoon Feeding
- OPT - Flat Mouthed Horns and Tongue Depressor
- GOAL #5: To introduce spoon feeding for clients who are fearful
CONTRADICTIONS: Do NOT use this tool with clients who have been diagnosed with seizure disorders that are stimulated by vibration.
🛑 Therapist/Adult supervision required.
Requires 2 AA Batteries which are NOT included.
Use this tool for /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/ /m/ /b/ /p/ sounds
For More information on Phonetic Sounds click here