This 3.5 hour course will focus on techniques to transition babies, at risk for feeding disorders, to solid food feedings. This novel approach integrates a sensory motor approach to feeding with adapted baby-led weaning (Overland, L. & Rabin, J., 2019)
- Participants will be able identify factors which place an infant at risk for feeding disorders.
- Participants will be able to list at least four benefits of adapted baby-led weaning.
- Participants will be able to list at least four benefits of a pre-feeding and therapeutic feeding program.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 6819. This live, in-person course qualifies for 3.5 contact hours or 0.35 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
- 10 minutes: Introduction
- 10 minutes: Defining feeding disorders
- 15 minutes: Infants at risk for long term feeding disorders
- 30 minutes: Long term nutritional, health, dental, sleep, developmental, and structural implications of feeding issues
- 15 minutes: What is Baby-led weaning?
- 15 minutes: Potential implications for babies at risk of feeding disorders
- 35 minutes: A Sensory-Motor Approach to Pre-Feeding and Therapeutic Feeding
- 30 minutes: Modified Baby-led weaning
- 50 minutes: Integrating two approaches: A sensory motor approach to supporting baby-led weaning (video case studies)
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable handout)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners