One of TalkTools' core courses, participants will learn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson’s hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy).”
This course will lead you, step-by-step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits. Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
Development of therapeutic program plans designed specifically to meet each client’s oral placement needs will be addressed. A live evaluation will be performed on the second day allowing participants to observe client skills, record observations on an assessment form and develop a therapeutic plan from these results. We are sure you will leave this session with advanced skills in assessment and program plan development for each client with oral placement needs.
Participants will be able to:
- identify oral placement, sensory, feeding and/or speech deficits in a variety of clients and diagnoses.
- assess oral placement functioning of the jaw, lips, and tongue.
- design a step-by-step program plan based on the client’s oral-motor feeding and speech evaluation results.
apply oral placement strategies, when appropriate, with infant, preschool, and school-aged children as a part of comprehensive speech and language therapy intervention.
LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE ACCREDITATION
Completion of LEVEL 1 NOVICE requirements (3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT and Feeding Therapy: A Sensory Motor Approach), together with completion of this course will qualify you as an accredited LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE TalkTools Therapist -- click through more information on our exclusive LEVEL TRAINING
Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP bio
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 1.2 AOTA CEUs • 12 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus Sensory Friendly Bite Blocks ($30 value) and Textbook Assessment & Treatment of the Jaw ($40 value)
- Online + SUPPLIES + DVD for 1 learner - ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus supplies and textbook and 1 course DVD
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES
- 5 textbooks
- 1 course DVD