All four TalkTools® Jigglers are effective for increasing sensory awareness in the muscles of the jaw, lips, and reducing "fixing" or tightening in the muscles of the jaw. In some cases the Jigglers, satisfy the need for temporomandibular joint (TMJ) stimulation as a replacement to negative oral habits. In addition, each individual TalkTools® Jiggler™ can be used to meet more specific needs:
Unicorn Therapeutic Goals:
- GOAL #1: To reduce "fixing" (tightening in the muscles of the jaw) before muscle-based exercises, feeding and speech. This will satisfy the need for TMJ stimulation and release of a tonic bite.
- GOAL #2: To improve lip closure and tongue retraction before muscle-based exercises, feeding and speech.
- Feeding - Spoon feeding and cup drinking
- OPT - Flat mouthed horns & tongue depressor
- Speech - /ml /b/ /p/
- GOAL #3: To introduce spoon feeding for clients including those with oral aversions.
CONTRADICTIONS: Do NOT use this tool with clients who have been diagnosed with seizure disorders that are stimulated by vibration.
🛑 These tools are intended for external use with adult supervision. Chewing on these tools is not recommended.
Requires 2 AA Batteries which are NOT included.
Use this tool for /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/ /m/ /b/ /p/ sounds
For More information on Phonetic Sounds click here