All four TalkTools® Jigglers are effective for increasing sensory awareness in the muscles of the jaw, lips, and reducing "fixing" or tightening in the muscles of the jaw. In some cases the Jigglers, satisfy the need for temporomandibular joint (TMJ) stimulation as a replacement to negative oral habits. In addition, each individual TalkTools® Jiggler™ can be used to meet more specific needs:
Frog Therapeutic Goals:
- GOAL #1: To reduce "fixing" (tightening in the muscles of the jaw) before muscle-based exercises, feeding and speech. This will satisfy the need for TMJ stimulation and release of a tonic bite.
- GOAL #2: To increase sensory awareness, using a smooth surface, in the muscles of the jaw and lips prior to the introduction of muscle-based exercises.
- Feeding - Spoon feeding and cup drinking
- OPT - Flat mouth horns, tongue depressor activity for lip closure
- Speech - /m/ /b/ /p/
- GOAL #3: To improve lip rounding and lip protrusion.
- Feeding - Straw Drinking
- OPT - Bubble blowing and round mouth horns
- Speech - /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/
CONTRADICTIONS: Do NOT use this tool with clients who have been diagnosed with seizure disorders that are stimulated by vibration.
🛑 These tools are intended for external use with adult supervision. Chewing on these tools is not recommended.
Requires 2 AA Batteries which are NOT included.
Use this tool for /m/ /b/ /p/ /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/ sounds
For More information on Phonetic Sounds click here