All three Jigglers are effective for increasing sensory awareness in the muscles of the jaw and lips, reduce"fixing" or tightening in the muscles of the jaw, and/or satisfying the need for Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) stimulation. In addition, each individual TalkTools® Jiggler™ can be used to meet more specific needs:
Frog Therapeutic Goals:
- GOAL #1: To reduce "fixing" (tightening in the muscles of the jaw) Muscle-Based Exercises, Feeding and Speech. This will satisfy the need for TMJ stimulation.
- GOAL #2: To increase sensory awareness, using a smooth surface, in the muscles of the jaw and lips prior to the introduction of Muscle-Based Exercises
- Speech - /m/ /b/ /p/
- Feeding - Spoon Feeding
- OPT - Flat Mouth Horns, Tongue Depressor Exercises
- GOAL #3: To stimulate lip rounding
- Speech - /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/
- OPT - Bubble Blowing and Round Mouth Horns
- Feeding - Straw Drinking
CONTRADICTIONS: Do NOT use this tool with clients who have been diagnosed with seizure disorders that are stimulated by vibration.
🛑 Therapist/Adult supervision required.
Requires 2 AA Batteries which are NOT included.
Use this tool for /m/ /b/ /p/ /oo/ /oh/ /w/ /r/ /sh/ /ch/ sounds
For More information on Phonetic Sounds click here