WEBINAR | Tips To Tackle Drooling [May 4 2021] [12PM-2PM Eastern Time]90460
Date: May 4, 2021
Location: Webinar (12:00PM-02:00PM Eastern US Time)
Presenter: Lori L. Overland MS CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
One of the most frequently asked questions in oral placement and feeding courses is how to address copious drooling. Understanding the possible challenges which impact a client’s ability to manage their secretions is essential to planning a program.
Talk Tools Instructor and Feeding Expert, Lori Overland, will discuss saliva production, typical drooling, causes for atypical or copious drooling and remediation strategies.
- Participants will be able to describe drooling in infants
- Participants will be able to identify causes of difficulty managing secretions
- Participants will be able to identify components of an assessment
- Participants will be able to apply at least 3 remediation techniques
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (12:00PM - 02:00PM Eastern)
- 20 min -- What, when , why -- typical drooling infants
- 30 min -- Atypical drooling: signs and symptoms
- 30 min -- Assessment of typical vs. atypical drooling
- 30 min -- Techniques for drooling remediation
- 10 min -- Q&A
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet