ENT and Dental examinations can be very difficult for children and adults with autism to tolerate. This can lead to problems not being identified quickly enough. This webinar will discuss desensitization techniques to teach toleration of examinations, diagnostic tests and some treatments.
Learning OutcomesParticipants will be able to:
- describe the systematic process of desensitization for dental exams
- outline the systematic process of desensitization for x-rays.
- plan the systematic desensitization process for dental treatments such as scale and polish, small filling
Risca Solomon, MS, BCBA, has over 13 years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis working with children with autism and related disabilities . . . more
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (01:00PM - 03:00PM Eastern)
- 01:00PM - 01:10PM Welcome and Introductions
- 01:10PM - 01:30PM Overview of the issues
- 01:30PM - 02:00PM Systematic Desensitization
- 02:00PM - 02:10PM Break
- 02:10PM - 02:30PM Desenstitization applied to dental exams and x-rays
- 02:30PM - 02:45PM Desensitization to treatment
- 02:45PM - 03:10PM Wrap up/Q&A