Michele Gianetti--R.N., author, TalkTools blogger, and mother of Elizabeth, who has dyspraxia and sensory processing disorder (SPD)--and Mary Padula,MA,CCC-SLP and Elizabeth's speech therapist, will provide a basic understanding of dyspraxia and common co-morbidities, including SPD. Discussion will include real-life scenarios of living with dyspraxia and strategies that have worked and have not worked-- at home, at school, in therapy sessions -- to equip Elizabeth and others with dyspraxia with skills to gain independence.
- Participants will be able to define and distinguish dyspraxia, apraxia, and dysarthria.
- Participants will be able to apply two strategies to facilitate communication skills.
- Participants will be able to facilitate organization skills.
Michele Gianetti, R.N.
Mary Padula, MA, CCC-SLP
This program is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (11:00AM - 12:30PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes: Welcome
- 15 Minutes: Understanding Dyspraxia, apraxia, dysarthria
- 30 Minutes: Elizabeth's Journey
- 30 Minutes: Strategies to facilitate communication and organization skills
- 15 Minutes: Q&A