TalkTools Instructor, Rehab Zaytoun, will be reviewing the major executive functions and structures and how they impact communication, particularly when there are deficits and co-existing issues,. Rehab will highlight tools and strategies to teach clients how to develop awareness and regulation of these functions for improved communication. Demonstrations and Assessment Plans will be included.
- Participants will be able to identify the major executive funcitons.
- Participants will be able to assess executive function deficits.
- Participants will be able to determine co-morbidities that may exist as a result of executive function deficits.
- Participants will be able to understand impacts of executive function skills on sensory regulation.
- Participants will be able to understand impacts of executive functioning on communication skills.
- Participants will be able to apply 3 strategies to improve executive functioning.
- Participants will be able to develop an Executive Function Plan.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (1PM - 3PM Eastern)
- 30 minutes Overview: Executive Functions
- 30 minutes When there are deficits in Executive Function Skills
- 30 minutes Executive Functions, the Sensory System and Communication
- 20 minutes Strategies to Improve Executive Functioning
- 10 minutes Wrap-up/Q&A