Participants will be able to conduct a baseline food aversion assessment TalkTools instructor, Vanessa Anderson Smith, will be equipping learners with the tools for laying a positive foundation for feeding -- as early as possible! Vanessa will be looking at common dietary challenges for picky eaters, the latest best practices in this area, as well as demonstrating successful methods in her therapy practice for understanding, evaluating, and treating "picky eaters."
- Participants will be able to conduct a baseline food aversion assessment.
- Participants will be able to define potential underlying physiological and neurological causes of more extreme food disorders (ARFID - avoidant restrictive good intake disorder).
- Participants will be able to implement appropriate intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to apply family-friendly, "dinner table" goals for mealtime success.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (01:00PM - 03:00PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes: Welcome
- 20 Minutes: Assessing your "picky eater" clients
- 30 Minutes: Is this a picky eater - or is something more going on?
- 30 Minutes: Intervention strategies for extreme food avoidance/restriction
- 30 Minutes: Implementing a "Positive Eating" game plan for the whole family
- 10 Minutes: Q and A