For some children and adults with autism, learning to follow instructions can be challenging.This webinar will discuss techniques from the ABA research, focusing on how vocal/sub-vocal responding is involved in developing receptive skills. From understanding simple to complex pieces of information, we will discuss techniques to assist in developing this vital skill.
- Participants will be able to describe the process of following a receptive instruction.
- Participants will be able to understand the importance of sub-vocal/vocal behavior in receptive language.
- Participants will be able to describe intervention techniques to develop receptive language.
Risca Solomon, MS, BCBA, has over 13 years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis working with children with autism and related disabilities . . . more
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (11:00AM - 01:00PM Eastern)
- 11:00AM - 11:10AM Welcome
- 11:10AM - 11:30AM Overview of the issues
- 11:30AM - 12:00PM Sub-vocal verbal behaviour
- 12:00PM - 12:10PM Break
- 12:10PM - 12:30PM Beginning Intervention
- 12:30PM - 12:45PM Steps to increase complexity of receptive skills
- 12:45PM - 01:10PM Wrap up/ Q&A