TalkTools Instructor, Renee Roy Hill, will be discussing what to look for when your
client is not progressing with vocabulary development and which strategies to apply
when a language approach is not effective. Discussion will include a look at pre-
requisite skills that may be missing as well as considering whether or not a motor
speech disorder may be impacting transition from imitation to language. Therapy
ideas will be discussed.
- Participants will be able to identify "red flags" in vocabulary development.
- Participants will be able to access gaps in therapy plan.
- Participants will be able to apply 2 intervention strategies.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (01:00PM - 03:00PM Eastern)
- 10 minutes Overview
- 20 minutes Why Isn't My Client Moving Forward
- 30 minutes Where are the gaps in my Therapy Plan
- 30 minutes Applying Alternative Intervention Therapies
- 20 minutes Case Studies
- 10 minutes Q&A