Functional Assessment and Remediation of Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs) - TIME AGENDA
8:30AM-12:00pm (15 MIN. BREAK at 10:30AM)
- What is frenula?
- What is TOTs?
- What is the controversy?
- Theoretical Foundations - the importance of a functional assessment and task analysis
- Current Assessment Protocols
- The Kotlow Rate Scale
- Hazelbaker Assessment Tool for Lingual Frenulum Function
- Lingual Frenulum Protocol for Infants by Martinelli
- Lingual Frenulum Protocol by Marchesan
- Merkel-Walsh and Overland TOTs Protocol: Using a Task Analysis to assess
- Case History
- Structure (Hard and Soft Tissue)
Lunch 12:00PM- 1:00PM
1:00PM-4:00PM (15 MIN. BREAK AT 2:45PM)
- Pre-Op Goals, Surgical Procedures and Post-Op Considerations
- Neuromuscular re-education of:
- Speech (bilabials, alveolars, palatals, labiodentals)
- Activities to Improve Lip Movements for Feeding and Speech Clarity: Closure, Rounding, Retraction and Lower Lip Dissociation
- Activities to Improve Tongue Movements for Feeding and Speech Clarity: Retraction, Lateralization, Elevation/Depression and Back of Tongue Side Spread for Co-Articulation