Understanding the four primary goals of myofunctional therapy is just the beginning. It is important to deconstruct these overarching goals and relate to overall health and well-being. Understanding the hierarchy helps myofunctional therapists make efficient treatment plans. This course will take the understanding of muscle dysfunction in order to initiate treatment and flow through the end of treatment.
The participant will be able to:
- Recognize the interconnectedness of the human body
- Describe the importance of the treatment hierarchy
- Outline the significance of nasal breathing as the foundation of myofunctional treatment.
- Apply the principles of body posture, body function, and its relationship to overall well-being.
- 5 minutes – Overview
- 20 minutes – Nasal breathing
- 20 minutes – Lip competency
- 20 minutes – Tongue rest posture
- 20 minutes – Correct swallowing
- 20 minutes – Correct posture
- 15 minutes – Q&A
.2 CE Credits