3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) [New Delhi, India] [December 5 and 6, 2019]
Date: December 5 and December 6, 2019
Location: New Delhi, India
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- The participant will be able to appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- The participant will be able to integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- The participant will be able to plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- The participant will be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- The participant will be able to properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
International Host Organization
REGISTER HERE -> Meenu Surgicals | firstname.lastname@example.org