3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) [Chicago,IL][October 25 and 26, 2019]90343
Date: October 25 and October 26, 2019
Location: Chicago, IL (8:30AM - 04:00PM)
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- The participant will be able to appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- The participant will be able to integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- The participant will be able to plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- The participant will be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- The participant will be able to properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). AOTA CEUs: 1.2 (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Host Organization and registration information: Chicago Pediatric Therapy & Wellness Center
1739 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60642
- $350 Early Bird Rate - through 08/25/19
- $385 Standard Rate - 08/26/18 - 10/11/19
- $400 Late Rate - 10/12/19 through day of
- Registration includes: ASHA CEUs/AOTA CEUs, course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion