3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) [Israel]
Date: November 5-6, 2018
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Presenter: Sara Rosenfeld Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Workshop DetailsInternational Partner: Alpeh (including registrations)
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP is an internationally known speaker on the subject of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT). She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle-based disorders as related to speech clarity and feeding issues. In 1995, Sara founded TalkTools® as a speakers bureau and source for Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) and therapy tools . . . more