3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) [Hong Kong]
Date: August 4-5, 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Presenter: Louisa Wong, CY
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
International Partner: Hong Kong Progress Speech (including logistics and registrations)
Louisa Wong, B.Sc., CY has more than 20 years of experience specializing in working with young children with language learning disorders and difficulties. She has her BSc. Speech & Hearing Sciences degree from the University of Hong Kong and is a member of the Hong Kong Speech Therapists' Association . . . more