A Three-Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy (LA)
Date: April 28-29, 2017
Location: New Orleans, LA
Presenter: Renee Roy-Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production.
Learn how highly motivating motor activities can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity.
Interactive, hands-on demonstrations will focus on therapeutically sound techniques to develop oral-motor movements for improved speech clarity.
Muscles of the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips, and tongue will be discussed within the parameters of movements necessary for speech production.
Developmentally appropriate motor movements for speech are therapeutically targeted using highly motivating techniques appropriate for children and adults.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
$300 Early Bird Rate - until 2/28/17
$360 Standard Rate - 3/01/17 to 4/13/17
$390 Late Registration - 4/14/17 to day of
Fee includes: 1.2 CEUs, course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion.
Recommended Add Ons:
OPT For Speech Clarity & Feeding
UPDATED Venue: Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport | 6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard | Metairie LA
Presenter Bio: Renee Roy Hill has provided therapeutic assessments and program planning for adults and children with oral placement, feeding and motor speech deficits for over 17 years. more