Three-Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy
Date: April 28 - April 29, 2017
Location: Shenzhen, China
Presenter: Lousia Wong, BSc.
TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production.
Learn how highly motivating motor activities can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity.
Interactive, hands-on demonstrations will focus on therapeutically sound techniques to develop oral-motor movements for improved speech clarity.
Muscles of the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips, and tongue will be discussed within the parameters of movements necessary for speech production.
Developmentally appropriate motor movements for speech are therapeutically targeted using highly motivating techniques appropriate for children and adults.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Venue: Yinxin Education | Shenzhen, China