3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)
Date: November 10-11, 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Presenter: Sara Rosenfeld Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses.
Participants will engage in interactive, hands-on activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home. TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
$300 Early Bird Rate - until 09/09/17
$360 Standard Rate - 09/10/17 to 10/26/17
$390 Late Registration - 10/27/17 to day of
Fee includes: 1.2 CEUs, course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion.
Recommended Add Ons:
OPT For Speech Clarity & Feeding
Host organization: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Down Sydrome of Florida
Venue: Brandon Chamber of Commerce | 330 Pauls Drive | Brandon, FL 33511
Presenter Bio: Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson is an internationally known speaker on the subject of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT). She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle-based disorders as related to speech clarity and feeding issues . . . more