3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)
Date: November 17-18, 2017
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Presenter: Renee Roy-Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses.
Participants will engage in interactive, hands-on activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home. TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
$300 Early Bird Rate - until 9/16/17
$360 Standard Rate - 9/17/17 to 11/2/17
$390 Late Registration - 11/3/17 to day of
Fee includes: 1.2 CEUs, course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion.
Recommended Add Ons:
OPT For Speech Clarity & Feeding
Host organization: Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
Venue: Beaumont Hospital | Neuroscience Center-2nd Floor | Allison Conference Room | 3555 W 13 Mile Road | Royal Oak, MI
Presenter Bio: Renee Roy Hill has provided therapeutic assessments and program planning for adults and children with oral placement, feeding and motor speech deficits for over 17 years. more