A Three Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy
TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production. Learn how 40 highly motivating motor activities can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity. Interactive, hands-on demonstrations will focus on therapeutically sound techniques to develop oral-motor movements for improved speech clarity. Muscles of the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips, and tongue will be discussed within the parameters of movements necessary for speech production. Developmentally appropriate motor movements for speech are therapeutically targeted using highly motivating techniques appropriate for children and adults.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Appropriately apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Learn to use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
The "Three-Part Treatment Plan..." course is an interactive, hands-on workshop. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
The list of supplies indicates what is included and the recommended food items you will want to have on hand while watching and following along with the video course.
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP bio
Included Supplies1 - Horn #1
1 - Straw #4
1 - Straw C
2 - Bite Blocks
1 - Stir Stick
1 - Plastic Spoon
1 - Toothette
1 - Tongue Depressor
Not included with Supplies; 10 Cheerios, 10 Pretzel Sticks or 10 Veggie Stix
Group Rate Includes
Online access (including downloadable workbook, forms and charts), supplies, and CEUs for 5 users, 5 textbooks and 1 DVD.
1.2 CEUs per participant
Run time is 12 hours.