3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP bio
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus the following supplies and textbook
- 1 Horn #1, 1 Straw #4, 1 Straw C, 2 Bite Blocks, 1 Stir Stick, 1 Plastic Spoon, 1 Toothette, 1 Tongue Depressor and Textbook - ORAL PLACEMENT THERAPY FOR SPEECH CLARITY AND FEEDING ($58 value)
- Suggested food supplies to enhance your learning (not included): 10 Cheerios, 10 Pretzel Sticks or 10 Veggie Stix
- Online + SUPPLIES + DVD for 1 learner - ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus supplies and textbook and 1 course DVD
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES
- 5 textbooks
- 1 course DVD
1.2 CEUs per learner (ASHA/AOTA approved)
Instructional Hours: 12 hours