ABCs of Behavior: How to Manage Your Challenging Clients [LIVE] [MAY 7, 2019]90331
Date: May 7, 2019
Location: Webinar (10AM-12PM EST)
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
Many therapists are looking for positive solutions to manage difficult, resistant behaviors in clients. This course used case studies of clients with various challenging behaviors and provided proven solutions for therapists to use in order to obtain a rewarding therapy session
Learning Outcomes1. Participants will be able to identify the ABCs of behavior.
2. Participants will be able to identify a variety of behavior management strategies while differentiating positive vs negative reinforcement.
3. Participants will be able to develop alternative behavior management strategies to allow for flexible, positive experiences in a therapy session or at home.
Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP, has provided therapeutic assessments and program planning for adults and children with oral placement, feeding and motor speech deficits for over 17 years. She is the owner of Crossroads Therapy Clinic in New Braunfels, TX and a member of the TalkTools® speakers bureau . . . more
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (10:00AM - 12:00PM EST)
- 10:00AM 10:10AM Welcome
- 10:10AM 10:20PM The basics of behavior
- 10:20AM 11:00AM Systematic approach for Using reinforcement to manage clients
- 11:00AM 11:40AM Visuals/ Case study
- 11:40AM 12:00PM Coaching parents for home programs
- 12:00PM 12:10PM Q&A