OPT: Assessment and Program Plan Development [NY]
Date: November 30 - December 1, 2018
Location: New York, NY
Presenter: Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP
Learn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson’s hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “A Three Part Treatment Plan to Oral Placement Therapy.”
This class will lead you, step-by-step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits. Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
Development of therapeutic program plans designed specifically to meet each client’s oral placement needs will be addressed. A live evaluation will be performed on the second day allowing participants to observe client skills, record observations on an assessment form and develop a therapeutic plan from these results. We are sure you will leave this session with advanced skills in assessment and program plan development for each client with oral placement needs.
Participants will be able to:
- identify oral placement, sensory, feeding and/or speech deficits in a variety of clients and diagnoses
- assess oral placement functioning of the jaw, lips, and tongue
- design a step-by-step program plan based on the client’s oral-motor feeding and speech evaluation results
- apply oral placement strategies, when appropriate, with infant, preschool, and school-aged children as a part of comprehensive speech and language therapy intervention
CEUs: 1.2 (see TalkTools CEU Policy and Process for more information)
- $335 Early Bird Rate - through 09/30/18
- $390 Standard Rate - 10/10/18 to 11/15/18
- $415 Late Registration - 11/16/18 to day of
Registration includes: CEUs, course supplies workbook & certificate of completion.
Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP has more than 16 years of professional experience specializing in helping children with special needs to communicate. Monica is PROMPT and SOS trained, familiar with sign language, and well-versed in the use of augmentative devices . . . more