Best Practices in Pediatric Feeding, Motor Speech and Mouth Development/Function [NV]90206
Date: March 10 - 11, 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Presenter: Diane Bahr, MS, CCC-SLP, CIMI
Early intervention and pediatric treatments are changing. There are not enough resources to serve the numerous children with feeding, speech/communication, and mouth function problems (e.g., those with prematurity, autism, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, other congenital disorders, etc.). Speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, early intervention specialists, lactation consultants, orofacial myofunctional therapists, dieticians, pediatricians, nurses, and others need detailed information to make appropriate referrals, choose appropriate treatment techniques, divide team responsibilities, and train parents/care providers. Techniques (learned in this course) are functional practices interventionists can safely teach parents and care providers. Group experiences and video demonstrations encourage clinical problem solving throughout the course. The course also covers the prevention of feeding, speech, and mouth development problems beginning at birth.
- Identify oral sensory-motor problems that impact feeding, speech, and mouth function in children with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental disorders.
- Identify typical and atypical anatomy/physiology and feeding/speech/mouth function.
- Identify appropriate treatments for feeding/speech/mouth function problems.
- Apply general oral massage for appropriate populations (e.g., children with oral defensiveness, oral awareness problems, tonic bite, hyperresponsive gag, etc.).
- Apply feeding techniques that can be safely taught to parents and care providers
$330 Early Bird Rate - until 01/10/18
$390 Standard Rate - 01/11/18 to 02/23/18
$420 Late Registration - 02/24/18 to day of
Fee includes: 1.2 CEUs, course supplies, including Diane's book "Nobody Ever Told Me (Or My Mother) That!", workbook & certificate of completion.
Host organization: Speakeasy Therapy Services
Venue: Speakeasy Therapy Services | 7495 West Azure Drive | Las Vegas, NV 89130
Presenter Bio: Diane Bahr is a certified Speech-Language Pathologist and infant massage instructor. She has practiced Speech-Language Pathology since 1980 and has been a feeding therapist since 1983. . . . more