LIVE WEBINAR | Bridging the Gap: Private Practice and School SLPs Working Together to Target Speech and Feeding
Date: April 21, 2018
Presenter: Vanessa Anderson Smith, MA, CCC-SLP
LUNCH & LEARN WEBINAR SERIES
As a private practice therapist with a background working in the school and early-intervention education settings, Vanessa will discuss the “how-to’s" of private practice and school based therapist collaboration for carryover of oral placement therapy. Vanessa will detail how she has successfully joined forces with school-based SLPs and OTs to better serve mutual clients. In addition to establishing a relationship between therapists, Vanessa will give a background and introduction on the foundations of OPT and various oral placement techniques that can be used with a variety of students in the school setting.
- Understanding of the various ways to begin a partnership with a therapist in a different setting for collaboration.
- Understand basic principles of OPT
- List at least 2 oral placement techniques that can be used in a school setting
Vanessa Anderson Smith is a certified TalkTools LEVEL 4 ACCOMPLISHED therapist and is owner of Anderson-Smith Speech Therapy. Vanessa began her career working in skilled nursing homes in the area and then transitioned to servicing children full time. Her certified trainings include Talk Tools oral placement therapy, feeding specific to Down syndrome, planning and assessment of sensory motor feeding disorders, and Level 3 Certification. In addition Vanessa is certified in the SOS feeding therapy approach for problem eaters.
.3 CEUs per participant (3 instructional hours - see schedule below)
Schedule (11:00AM - 2:00PM EST)
- 11:00AM 11:10AM Registration/Welcome
- 11:10AM 11:45AM Private and School SLP Perspectives
- 11:45AM 12:15PM OPT 101
- 12:15PM 12:45PM Developing a Plan for Collaboration
- 12:45PM 1:00PM BREAK
- 1:00PM 1:30PM Integrating OPT Across Multiple Settings
- 1:30PM 2:00PM Demos
- 2:00PM 2:10PM Wrap-up/Q&A