WORKSHOP | Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach [February 14 and 15, 2020] [Seattle, WA]90356
Date: February 14 and February 15, 2020
Location: Seattle, WA (8:30AM - 04:00PM)
Presenter: Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC
In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Participants will be able to recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- Participants will be able to list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs(Intermediate Level; Professional Area).AOTA CEUs: 1.2 (seeTalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Renaissance Seattle Hotel | 515 Madison St | Seattle, WA 98104
- $325 Early Bird Rate - through 12/14/19
- $385 Standard Rate - 12/15/19 to 02/02/20
- $415 Late Registration - 02/03/20 to day of
- Registration only includes: 1.2 ASHA/AOTA approved CEUs, course supplies, workbook, and certificate of completion.
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book received at course location).