IN-PERSON WORKSHOP | 3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) (Level 1) [NORTH CAROLINA] [September 9-10 2022] [10:30AM - 6:00PM Central US/UTC-5]00046-WSP
Date: Friday, September 9, 2022 - Saturday, September 10, 2022
(10:30 AM - 6:00 PM Central US/UTC-5)
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Presenter: Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP, COM®
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- The participant will be able to appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- The participant will be able to integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- The participant will be able to plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- The participant will be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- The participant will be able to properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This live, in-person course qualifies for 12 contact hours or 1.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
It is required to attend live to receive credit. Therefore, this offering will not be recorded.
*Practicum is included with your registration. Practicum and books (if applicable) will be available at the event location.
VENUE : Hickory, NC
- Registration Only includes: ASHA CEUs/AOTA CEUs, practicum
Registration + Textbook Includes: everything above