IN-PERSON WORKSHOP | Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach [TEXAS] [August 26-27, 2022] [8:30AM – 4:00PM Central US/UTC-5]00047-WSP
Date: Friday, August 26, 2022 and Saturday, August 27, 2022
(8:30AM - 4:00 PM Central US/UTC-5)
Location: 601 W Loop 340 Waco Texas 76710
Presenter: Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Participants will be able to recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- Participants will be able to list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This live, in-person course qualifies for 12 contact hours or 1.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
This workshop will occur live, in-person. It is required to attend to receive credit. Therefore, this offering will not be recorded.
Practicum is included in registration costs and will be provided to you by the host the day of the event.
- Registration Only Includes: 1.2 CEUs (ASHA/AOTA approved), practicum, digital workbook & certificate of completion.
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book shipped with practicum)