WEBINAR | Tips and Strategies for Meal Planning and Prep [RECORDED]
Date: July 25, 2018
Presenter: Vanessa Anderson-Smith, MA, CCC-SLP | Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP
Melanie Potock, -- aka Coach Mel -- will be stopping by to talk about Family Mealtime Challenges!
TalkTools LEVEL 4 ADVANCED Therapist, Vanessa Anderson-Smith, will provide practical strategies for the parent/caregiver-therapist team to structure meal plans for all kiddos, including special needs.
Instruction will include identifying typical vs. atypical feeding patterns, and the importance of the parent/therapist partnership in developing a meal plan -- including involvement of the family in meal preparation, proper nutrition and integrating individual and cultural perspectives.
An overview of sensory activity integration to further facilitate a positive mealtime experience will be presented.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize typical vs. atypical feeding patterns
- Integrate appropriate sensory activities in a feeding session
- Outline a family meal plan
- 2-STEP REGISTRATION
- PURCHASE your seat
- REGISTER -- approximately 3-5 days prior to webinar, you will receive an email with webinar registration details
- VIEW webinar
- SUBMIT course survey
Can't make it the live broadcast? The recorded version will be provided to learners who purchase a seat for this webinar seat approximately 3-5 days after webinar date.
CEUs: .2 (see TalkTools CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (12:00PM - 2:00PM Eastern)
- 12:00PM 12:10PM Welcome
- 12:10AM 12:30PM Common feeding issues
- 12 30PM 1:00PM How do I start a meal plan?
- 1:00PM 1:10PM BREAK
- 1:10PM 1:30PM The sensory component
- 1:30PM 2:00PM Planning for mealtime success
- 2:00PM 2:10PM Wrap-up/Q&A
Vanessa Anderson Smith, MS, CCC-SLP is a TalkTools presenter and LEVEL 4 ACCOMPLISHED Therapist and owner of Anderson-Smith Speech Therapy in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where she specializes in oral placement, feeding and speech therapy for pediatric clients . . . more