OPT: Assessment and Program Plan Development [Killeen, TX] [March 6 and 7, 2020]90357
Date: March 6 and March 7, 2020
Location: Killeen, TX (08:30AM-04:00PM)
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP, COM®️
Course DescriptionLearn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson’s hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “A Three Part Treatment Plan to Oral Placement Therapy.” This class will lead you, step-by-step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits. Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
- Participants will be able to Identify oral placement, sensory, feeding and/or speech deficits in a variety of clients and diagnoses
- Participants will be able to Assess oral placement functioning of the jaw, lips, and tongue
- Participants will be able to Design a step-by-step program plan based on the client’s oral-motor feeding and speech evaluation results
- Participants will be able to Apply oral placement strategies, when appropriate, with infant, preschool, and school-aged children as a part of comprehensive speech and language therapy intervention
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). AOTA CEUs: 1.2 (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
1102 Winkler Ave, Killeen, TX 76542
- $325 Early Bird Rate - through 01/07/19
- $385 Standard Rate - 01/08/19 to 03/23/20
- $415 Late Registration - 03/24/20 to day of
- Registration includes: 1.2 ASHA/AOTA approved CEUs, course supplies, workbook, and certificate of completion.