Solving the Puzzle of Autism Using Tactile Therapy Techniques
This self-study online course includes current methodologies and treatment techniques available for therapists working with children who present with Autism.
Robyn outlines and presents the various methodologies and show how combining approaches allows therapists to assess children who present with Autism Sprectrum Disorders and implement a comprehensive tactile approach to the therapy.
Discussions include issues such as problematic behavior, food refusal and tactile defensiveness. This course is a must if you work in this area.
- Identify at least three current therapies being used by speech pathologists who work with children on the autism spectrum
- Learn the variations between the ABA vs. the Floortime Models of Therapy
- Define two features of an Oral Placement disorder
- Identify and use two types of reinforcements with a child on the autistic spectrum
- Learn at least four new techniques to be used with your clients
- Write a speech therapy goal in a simple STO format
Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP bio
Group Rate Includes
Online access, supplies, and CEUs for 5 users, and 1 DVD.