Solving the Puzzle of Autism Using Tactile Therapy Techniques3671-NS
This self-study online course includes current methodologies and treatment techniques available for therapists working with children who present with Autism.
This course presents the various methodologies and shows how combining approaches allows therapists to assess children who present with Autism Spectrum Disorders and implement a comprehensive tactile approach to the therapy.
Discussions include issues such as problematic behavior, food refusal and tactile defensiveness. This course is a must if you work in this area.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify at least three current therapies being used by speech pathologists who work with children on the autism spectrum
- Learn the variations between the ABA vs. the Floortime Models of Therapy
- Define two features of an Oral Placement disorder
- Identify and use two types of reinforcements with a child on the autistic spectrum
- Learn at least four new techniques to be used with your clients
- Write a speech therapy goal in a simple STO format
- Connection of Autism and Oral Placement Disorders (10 mins)
- Autism (120 mins)- Autism Facts & Causes, Early Signs of Autism, Assessment of Autism, Biomedical Approaches
- Oral Placement Disorders (60 mins)
- Current Treatment/ Approaches for Oral Placement Disorders (50 mins)
- Clinical Parameters (120 mins)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
NOTE: this course does not have any additional materials or supplies
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable handout, forms and charts)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP bio