WEBINAR | Evidence-Based Practice: Assessment and Treatment for ASD Clients [September 3, 2020] [10AM-12PM EASTERN]90423
Date: September 3, 2020
Location: Webinar (10:00AM-12:00PM EASTERN)
Presenter: Risca Solomon, MS, BCBA
This course will discuss the skill deficits of individuals with autism and related conditions in relation to feeding, which identify that the individual will need an oral motor assessment. For those children who then do not have significant oral motor deficits, we will discuss different behavioral techniques to increase range of foods and drinks consumed.
- Participants will be able to identify skill deficits which require oral motor assessment.
- Participants will be able to name and describe 3 different behavior interventions.
- Participants will be able to identify characteristics of individuals that assist with identifying effective interventions.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (10:00AM - 12:00PM Eastern)
- 10 minutes Introduction
- 30 minutes Oral Motor Deficits
- 30 minutes Behavioral Feeding Techniques
- 10 minutes BREAK
- 40 minutes Behavioral Feeding Techniques
- 20 minutes Q&A