WEBINAR - Feeding Therapy: A Sensory Motor Approach
Date: July 13, 2017
Presenter: Lori Overland, MS CCC-SLP
In Lori’s popular Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted. The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- List at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
Lori Overland is a speech and language pathologist with more than 35 years of professional experience. Lori specializes in dealing with the unique needs of infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-aged children with oral sensory-motor, feeding and oral placement/speech disorders . . . more
.6 CEUs per participant (6 instructional hours - see schedule below)
Schedule (9:30AM - 4:30PM EST)
- 9:30AM 10:00AM Registration/Welcome
- 10:00AM 11:30AM Instruction
- 11:30AM 11:40AM BREAK
- 11:40AM 1:00PM Instruction
- 1:00PM 1:10PM BREAK
- 1:10PM 3:00PM Instruction
- 3:00PM 3:10PM BREAK
- 3:10PM 4:00PM Instruction
- 4:00PM 4:30PM Wrap-up/Q&A