WEBINAR | Resonance: Treatment Strategies for Children and Adults [SEPTEMBER 17, 2019][1PM-4PM EST]90344
Date: September 17, 2019
Location: Webinar (01:00PM-04:00PM EST)
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
TalkTools Instructor, Renee Roy Hill, will take a look at what is resonance, identifying the structure and muscle function necessary for typical resonance, as well as provide strategies for assessing and treating muscular resonance disorders. Renee will discuss structural anomalies that contribute to resonance disorders, as well as functional considerations.
- Participants will be able to define and assess atypical resonance disorders.
- Participants will be able to understand the functional and structural differences that may contribute to resonance disorders.
- Participants will be able to apply various methods for achieving oral v. nasal speech.
- Participants will be able to develop a resonance program as part of a comprehensive oral motor/speech therapy program.
InstructorRenee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
This program is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
- 1:00PM - 1:10PM Welcome
- 1:10PM - 1:30PM Defining Resonance
- 1:30PM - 2:00PM Identifying Typical Resonance vs. Atypical Resonance
- 2:00PM - 2:30PM Underlying Structural and Functional Considerations
- 2:30PM - 2:40PM BREAK
- 2:40PM - 3:15PM Developing a Resonance Plan- Oral Motor Skills
- 3:15PM - 3:45PM Developing a Resonance Plan- Speech Production
- 3:45PM - 4:00PM Q&A