WEBINAR | Keeping Your Cape: Managing Expectations as a Therapist [LIVE] [May 17, 2019]90325
Date: May 17, 2019
Location: Webinar (01:00PM-03:00PM EST)
Presenter: Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP
Recent feedback from our therapist-customer base indicates that many speech and feeding professionals are finding themselves overwhelmed with a full caseload, tons of paperwork and feeling that achieving therapy success with clients can be elusive--our "superhero" cape is getting tattered!
TalkTools instructor, Monica Purdy, has been a Speech Language Pathologist for over 15 years and runs her own busy practice, so she understands the challenges -- and rewards -- of this profession. Monica is presenting a special webinar on addressing these issues and finding ways to "keep your cape". This webinar will be interactive with participants bringing their issues to the group - discussion will include real-world solutions you can take back to your practice and start using immediately.
- Participants will be able to articulate what motivated them to choose this occupation.
- Participants will be able to outline 3 current challenges for the SLP.
- Participants will be able to identify goals and expectations that are realistic and achievable.
- Participants will be able to apply 3 techniques that can mitigate these challenges.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (01:00PM - 03:00PM Eastern)
- 1:00 – 1:10 Welcome
- 1:10 – 1:30 Why Did We Become Therapists
- 1:30 – 2:00 What are the Current Challenges
- 2:00 – 2:10 Break
- 2:00 – 2:30 Techniques and Strategies to Manage Goals and Expectations
- 2:30 -- 3:10 Open Discussion