WEBINAR | Lunch & Learn with Lori: Pre-Feeding Exercises [August 8 2023]00052WEB
TalkTools® virtual streaming workshops and webinars are recorded. Recorded presentations are available for 2 days after the dates posted and accessible only to learners who purchased a seat for this course.
Date: Tuesday, August 8, 2023
(12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern US)
Presenter: Lori L. Overland MS CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
Webinars are recorded and available to view through your learner profile for 30 days after the live date.
This course provided a theoretical foundation for developing a pre-feeding program based upon a task analysis of the motor skills for spoon feeding, solids, cup drinking and straw drinking. Functional goal-based exercises, applicable to a wide variety of populations, were also demonstrated.
Participants will be able to:
- Participants will be able to identify 4 pre-feeding considerations when planning a program.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate 3 functional exercises to support the following: spoon feeding, cup drinking, straw drinking, and eating solids.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 5581. This virtual, self-study course qualifies for 2 contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Introductory.
It is highly recommended that participants review TalkTools Cancellation Policy.
Schedule (12:00 PM - 2:00PM Eastern)
- 30 minutes: Intro to Planning a Sensory-Based program
- 20 minutes: Assessment & Treatment Model
- 55 minutes: Goal-Based Pre-Feeding Exercises
- 15 minutes: Wrap-up/Q&A
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet