WEBINAR | Oppositional Behavior: Proactive Strategies for ASD clients [LIVE] [July 10, 2019]90336
Date: July 10, 2019
Location: Webinar (12:00PM-02:00PM EST)
Presenter: Risca Solomon, MS, BCBA
Some children present as oppositional and struggle to follow instructions, may do the opposite to the instruction, or refuse to cooperate at all. Some of these children also appear to demonstrate behaviors to get others to tell them off, sometimes this is perceived by others as wanting ‘to wind people up’ or to ‘annoy’ people. This webinar will focus on proactive strategies to improve cooperation and decrease challenging behaviors maintained by social disapproval.
- Participants will be able to describe the functional assessment process.
- Participants will be able to describe proactive intervention procedures to increase appropriate behaviors.
- Participants will be able to describe proactive procedures to reduce inappropriate behaviors.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (12:00PM - 02:00PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes - Welcome
- 20 Minutes - Overview of the issues
- 30 Minutes - Functional Behavior Assessment
- 10 Minutes - Break
- 30 Minutes - Proactive procedures to increase appropriate behavior
- 15 Minutes - Procedures to reduce inappropriate behavior
- 15 Minutes - Wrap up/ Q&A